Generous knitters

(Friday, March 25, 2005 @ 12:25 PM)

I've been so lucky recently to win (or nearly win) a few contests being held by other knitters. Getting the packages in the mail has been a nice pick-me-up as I've been sick this week.

First off, Cara from January One sent me 6 of her beautiful Photo Art Cards. 3 of the ones she sent me are up for sale:

SP007 from the Spring Collection,

SU002 from the Summer Collection
, and

SU017 from the Summer Collection

I also got 3 that she doesn't have up for sale:

Posted by Hello


I especially like the one with the bug. I don't know why, but the bug really makes me smile :)

I got these awhile back, but my computer has been acting poopy (it would take many, many tries to get it to boot up), and then it wouldn't boot up at all. My husband took it to work, and they figured out that the video card had quit working with our computer. It works fine if we put it in another computer, but it won't work in ours anymore. Go figure.

Then Lisa from BlogDogBlog held a caption contest for one of her cute doggie pictures, and she's so generous, she said everyone who entered won! Talk about generous!!! The prize was sock yarn... here's what I got:

Posted by Hello

And lastly, Bron from Bron's Blog II held a contest to name her new treadmill. She liked one of my entries the best, so she sent me this:

Posted by Hello

That's 2 fantastic patterns (The Art Nouveau Poncho and the Celebrity Look-Alike Shawl) from Stitch Diva Studios and 2 skeins of KnitPicks Andean Silk Twist. I couldn't possibly be more excited. Those just happened to be the 2 patterns I liked most from that company and had put off buying over and over again... Bron... how did you know????? And I've been thinking about that exact color of the Andean Silk Twist since Wendy made a little ipod cozy out of it. I don't know what I'll do with it yet (although I do think I would like to get some Andean Silk in Navy to stripe it with), but I love it. It is so, So, SO soft.

Thank you ladies! You're so kind.

1 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

What great gifts! How cool!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home