Accidental knitting

(Wednesday, March 02, 2005 @ 2:55 PM)

I was heading to a crochet meetup last night. I stopped at a stoplight and was rear-ended. Luckily for me, I was in a minivan, and the car that hit me was a little compact. The only damage to my car that I can see is the scrapes underneath my rear bumper. I was jostled a bit, and my back was a little stiff last night and a little sore this morning, but that was all. The worst of it was that I missed my chance to go to the meetup. I'd really been looking forward to being with other women that shared my interests, and to get a chance to look at some of the new knitting magazines that are out (the meetup is at Barnes & Noble).

So, anyways... the whole time I was sitting in my car waiting for the police to show up (there was another accident not too far away at about the same time), I was wondering if I should get out Clapotis and work on it. I didn't end up doing so, but I kept wanting to.

So... what's the most unusual place you've ever knit? What's the weirdest place you ever considered?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not alone. The last time I was in an accident (a beer truck clipped the parked car while I was getting out), while waiting for the police and tow truck, I didn't seriously consider pulling out the sock in progress, either. It would have been a good time to knit, but instead, I just paced. Odd response.

Glad you're okay.

- Sara (www.lietcam.com/yarnwise)

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your finel. I've just started clapotis also. I'm using Loarn's Laces in Violet. I started it at least 6 times before I 'got it.' (G)

Sandy

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew, glad you're ok! Someone hit me in December, head-on. Thank God nothing but ugly bruises, but the pretty blue Buick bit it. Shocking isn't it? I'm still a bit paranoid on the road.
~meg from inchbyinch.blog-city.com
ps- I don't have very many comments either. . . They really do give one a lift, don't they?

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home