CROCHET CONTENT

(Friday, February 25, 2005 @ 12:09 PM)

Wow... it's been awhile since I've worked on any crochet. I wonder why I let it get away from me... I really love to do it. I think it's just because there are so many truly incredible knitting patterns that I want to do that it tends to take over.

So, anyways... I got started on the afghan for my new niece. I got through the whole bottom border of motifs last night, take a look:

Posted by Hello

Also note my lovely new Clover Soft Touch crochet hook. I couldn't find my H hook to get started, and I'd always wanted to try one of these, so when I went to buy my ball winder, I picked up one of these, too. It is nice.

Back to the crochet... here's a closeup of the motif (on a darker background, so you can see it better):

Posted by Hello

The picture of the finished afghan shows these being taller than they are wide. Mine have turned out wider than they are tall. I think I cinches on my double crochets more than most. In the future, that'll be something for me to work on, but for now, I'm just going to leave it as it is. Unless you're comparing it to the original, I doubt anyone would look at it and say there's anything wrong with it.

At this rate, it'll probably take me about a week more to finish the main body of the afghan, and I'm guessing another 2-3 for the edging. Since the baby is supposed to stay in the NICU for at least another week and a half, I should make it in time to send before she comes home. If I want to add a hat and booties or anything else, though, I'd better pick up the pace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, that's a very pretty border! I like the color too. Do you like the Clover Soft Touch? I don't think they're for me (I love the feel of wood and bamboo too much), but I think my mom would like them.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home