Lookee what I got !

(Thursday, March 31, 2005 @ 1:09 AM)

I ordered this lovely stuff:

Posted by Hello

to make a feather & fan scarf for my sister - a somewhat late Christmas present (for those of you who weren't reading then... for Christmas, I had the ladies in my family pick from a few select projects something for me to make for them).

It is hand dyed, 100% kid mohair from Brooks Farm. It's their Primero yarn in the Chianti colorway. Oh, my goodness is this lovely stuff!!! Vibrant, striking colors, and so, so soft. It comes in huge 500 yard hanks, so even though the price looks high, you're getting so, so much. It really is a good deal for the amount you get.

And, I just noticed that they've started offering (what looks to be) a worsted weight wool/silk blend for even less per yard. None of the colorways they have up now are quite me, but I'll be watching to see if they put up more... at that price, it's a steal of a deal, and I think it'd make a fantastic second Clapotis!

5 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Oooooooooh pretty!

7:57 AM  
Blogger stefani said...

oh that is pretty. Now those are colors I like!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Thanks for mentioning the new line. I agree that it'd make a beautiful Clap.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice, Lisel (I love that name, by the way). Can't wait to see it in progress!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like! It reminds me of the colorway of the yarn I used for Wavy...but it's obviously not cheap Red Heart (not that cheap Red Heart is bad!)

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home