Do you shave your Booga?

(Monday, November 22, 2004 @ 4:19 PM)

I finally got around to knitting up my little addition to my Booga Bag, so I could put it into the washer to felt it (yeah, yeah... I know it's technically FULLING instead of felting, but I like the way felting sounds better, so there).

Initial size:

8" x 4.5" on the bottom x 11.5" tall

i-cord = (about 72" long, using the vaunted outstretched-arm-to-nose-equals-one-yard method)

Posted by Hello

1st felt:

8" x 4" on the bottom x 9" tall

i-cord = 55" long


Posted by Hello

2nd felt:


7" x 3.5" on the bottom x 8" tall

i-cord = 49"

Posted by Hello

And here's my little additon... it's a tab. The idea is, you put the ball or skein of yarn in the bag, and thread the yarn through the tab and then on to your needles. As you knit and need more yarn, you can pull on it, and the ball/skein can bounce around all it needs to in the bag without escaping, and the yarn will still come up nice and neat through the tab. Maybe I don't really need the tab for that... maybe just having it in a bag at all would take care of it for me, I don't know, because I haven't been knitting from a bag. It was just driving me nuts that the ball/skein is always trying to escape whenever I try to get more.


My tab invention Posted by Hello

And one last gratuitous shot:


Booga blockingPosted by Hello

I'm still surprised that I had a box that was the right size to block it with. It's now sitting in front of the fire (gas) with a fan blowing on it. The washing machine did a really good job of spinning out the water, but I've heard lots of people saying how long theirs took to dry, so I'm giving it all the help I can. I want to show it off when our company comes on Wednesday.

OH! I almost forgot to ask... if anyone has made a Booga Bag or other felted bag before... do you shave the fuzz off, or is the fuzz part of the charm?

2 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

As a matter of fact, I just shaved my Booga the other day and really like the results. Love the colorway you chose.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love the tab idea.
I've never shaved mine. I really like the fuzziness. My colorway is all light shades though. I would think the darker colors might look better shaved.

-Michelle

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home