Christmas is coming... gift giving idea

(Monday, November 15, 2004 @ 1:34 PM)

I have been thinking about Christmas giving for a while now. I'd like to knit or crochet things to give for Christmas, but I really don't believe I'll have enough time to finish most of the things I would do, especially since I alredy have a bucketload of things I want to make for myself... and I know for sure I'll be happy to have something homemade... I don't even have to guess about me.

So I've been toying with this idea:

I'll make up a whole bunch of things that I want for me (like these or these or this or this or this or these or this or this or this).

Then I'll put them all in a box (or post pictures, for those that don't live near me). Any of the ladies in my family can pick one, or ask me to make one in another color. Anything they don't pick, I get to keep, and anything they do pick, I can remake for myself. Or if they don't like anything, they can just tell me that, too, and THEN I'll go hunting for something appropriate in the stores.

What do you think... would it fly?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think that is a great idea, and I think that next year I may do that!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I believe I may have to copy you. I had decided not to make gifts unless the recipient picked it out first but that isn't fun. This way they get something they like and I can have fun knitting it, but still get to surprise them with it. Thanks!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's a great idea! And I think I have to save this post just for the many MANY good pattern links :-D

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home