I think...

(Monday, November 08, 2004 @ 11:33 PM)

I knit continental style. I haven't found anything that shows it in such a way that I'm certain, though. I'm hoping there's some more experienced knitters out there that can tell me if it sounds like I do.

I mostly use the left needle as a prop. I balance it on my tummy (or leg, if it's longer). I do the work with the right hand and needle, and then manipulate the yarn with the left hand, a lot like I do when I crochet.

Does that sound like continental style knitting, or just like I'm a really weird and awkward knitter?

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

You can see a video of continental knitting here. http://www.fiberartshop.com/knclbg.htm Go down the page a bit and then you'll see the lessons.

I hope this helps you out!

~~Luvtocraft
http://luvtocraft.blogspot.com/

7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like continental to me. I used to knit like that, but now I'm more used to actually using my left hand throughout. I think it gives more control. Plus it's a bit more ladylike than balancing a needle on my tummy :) Knitting...all about the looking pretty. LOL

9:58 AM  
Blogger PurlyQueen said...

As long as you're knitting...
I don't think it matters which way you hold the needles, as long as you get the effect you want. I knit in Continental and 'English' style, depending on what mood I'm in.

Ronke
www.sisterknitter.blogspot.com

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home