At it again...

(Friday, November 19, 2004 @ 4:50 PM)

I played around with making some more stitch markers. Here's what I came up with:


Leafy stitch marker Posted by Hello


Butterfly stitch marker Posted by Hello


Bronze stitch marker Posted by Hello

The beads on the butterfly stitch marker read more pink in person, and the amount of pink vs. green changes depending on how the bead is turned.

I'm not very happy with the Bronze stitch marker, and I'll probably take it apart. They don't make the pins or hooks in anything but silver and gold, so I thought I'd try to make them out of wire, since I could get a coppery color in that. There's too much space, though, between the beads and the dangly thing below them (I have no idea what to call it... I just thought it looked neat), and the wire was MUCH softer than I would've liked for the part that goes around the needle. I couldn't get enough stability with just one wrap of the wire, and with more than one, I ran into the trouble of the wraps staying together. Wrapping more wire around those wraps just makes it look messy. I do still like the main bead, though. You really can't see how neat it is from the picture. It's got a black core with flecks of gold in it that's just so pretty. I guess I'll have to give up the dangly bronze thing and re-do them with silver.

Oh, and I got past the increases on the second sleeve... I just need to keep knitting in st st to length. Then I (get to???) start on the finishing. I've never seamed anything or made button bands before, and the only time I picked up stitches was on the Booga Bag, where the amount of stitches to pick up was more intutive than the 3 out of 4 you generally do when you're picking up off of st st. I'm a bit worried about how well I'll be able to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home