Lookie what I made!

(Monday, November 01, 2004 @ 8:09 AM)

I made myself a stitch marker:

Posted by Hello

I must say, I am way too excited about this. It pleased me to no end to dangle the thing and swing it around. I was afraid it might end up too stiff to do that, because really, I had no idea what I was doing. I just bought some supplies and tried it, and it worked.

See me using my pretty new stitch marker:

Posted by Hello

I finished the bottom of the bag and picked up stitches all around so I could start knitting the body of it in the round. Picking stitches up on the end was easy. I had a lot of difficulty doing it on the other long side, though. The pattern called for 34 stitches to be picked up, and that should've been easy enough, since there are 34 stitches on each row anyways. I kept ending up with 32 or 33, though, so in the end, I just fudged it.

I have to say, though... knitting 100 stitches in the round does not simply take 3 times as long as knitting 34 stitches back and forth. By the end of the bottom of the bag, I was doing a row every 3 minutes (I finally figured out how to loosen my stitches up enough to not have them bind too much on the needles... I tend to knit and crochet tight). I haven't timed it, but it sure feels like more than 10 minutes per round now. Way more time spent scootching the stitches around the needles.

Oh, and I have already found my first (infamous) color changing knot in my Noro, so I got to try out a new skill of changing yarns sooner than planned.

I woke up this morning to find this:


The view outside my window Posted by Hello

And here's a picture of the closeup of that farthest house. I'm not sure the camera focused right, but there WAS a big gust of wind that blew a lot of snow along obscuring the view.

Posted by Hello

And finally:


The sky... yes, it really is one solid color... talk about bleak! Posted by Hello

The wind is blowing from the north (HARD), and I wish I could show you what it looks like. I can't think of the words to describe it. It's really scouring all the dry snow off the ground and moving it down the street. Makes me think of a large flooded river or a freight train. Gratefully, the schools are closed today.

To leave you on a brighter note, here's my sweet kids all dressed up for Halloween:

Posted by Hello


A ninja Posted by Hello


Snow White Posted by Hello


A fairy Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the stitch markers. I know what you mean about being proud of them. I made some recently (super easy but I was as proud as I would be at finishing a sweater. Wierd.) I think it's because they are unique-ly yours and pretty. :D

About your post yesterday... I like the idea of using Optik with something else. And it would be easy to test. You may want to try increasing your needle size too. The larger the needle the less yarn it takes to make something.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home