It's about time!

(Wednesday, October 27, 2004 @ 2:29 PM)

Blogger has been down for something like the last 15 hours. I haven't been able to get on to post, or to access either my blog or anyone else's that uses Blogger/Blogspot. I am not a happy camper. I've been toying with the idea of moving over to Typepad (I really like that they allow categorizing your posts, having photo albums, on-site trackback, and that you can edit/delete comments) . If this proves to be more than a one time thing, there's no question that will happen.

Anyhow, on to the actual posting.

My 4 year old absolutely loved my Crochet for the Cause scarf, and wanted me to make her one. How can a mother resist a request like that??? So, I pulled some yarn out of my little stash, and made one up for her. It was about 3" wide, and about 3 feet long, and it took me less than one evening to make. And of course, then I had to make one for my 6 year old, because I wouldn't want her to feel neglected. Hers is the same length, but about 4" wide. I did the first foot the same night as my 4 year old's, but I had to finish it up the next night, and give it to them the day after that. They loved them (I knew they would):


Pink Scarves all around Posted by Hello

The yarn I used was Caron Simply Soft. It really is soft and nice to touch. It does, however, like to untwist... and it seemed to do it more where the joinings were (or maybe it's just that it's more noticeable there), which doesn't look so great if you look close (not that anyone but me does). It also has a LOT of drape, so they hang longer and skinnier than I'd intended.

My 6 year old has caught the crochet bug. She's been chaining up a storm. She's such a funny thing... I've been having her use my bigger Crystalites set (L-P). Each day, she would pick out a smaller one to use, and when I finally asked her about it, she told me that it was because she was getting better, and she was using the smallest one that day because now she was an expert :) (LOL... it doesn't matter which hook she uses, she tightenes the stitches up to what I would get with about a size G or H hook).


The chain's the thing Posted by Hello

She's so proud of herself!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The scarves look great!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home