Wow! does this stuff felt !

(Monday, January 03, 2005 @ 11:18 PM)

I finally got around to felting my Sophie bag tonight. I'd been waiting to weave in some ends and I kept procrastinating it.

Here's the pre-felting pictures (pre-felting dimensions... 9"w x 5"d x 10"t, w/ a handle drop of 11"):


Completed SophiePosted by Hello



Sophie hangingPosted by Hello


Closeup of stitch detailPosted by Hello

My camera is not picking up the colors right... go here for a better view of the colorway (it's number 9440).

And here are some post-felting pictures (post-felting dimensions... 8"w x 4"d x 6"t, w/ a handle drop of 7"):


Sophie in shadowPosted by Hello

This is closer to the color it looks now, but it is wet, and late at night, so...


Sophie spotlightedPosted by Hello

Here's one with the flash on all the way. I THINK it may end up looking closer to this in daylight. I'll have to see if I can get a better image tomorrow.

For a little perspective,


Here's the finished Sophie hangingPosted by Hello

This picture is actually zoomed in a little closer than the pre-felted hanging picture, so the size difference is even greater than what you can see.

And here's a closeup of the finished fabric:

Posted by Hello

This only took one trip through the wash to shrink it this much. My booga bag (using Kureyon) took 2.

The finished dimensions are pretty close to what the pattern lists, which surprises me, because it looks so dainty. I did pull and tug at it a bit to get it to the shape and evenness that I wanted. I'm just going to let it hang on the door handle to dry, though... it really doesn't look like it needs extra help blocking. I think my washing machine does a pretty good job of spinning out the water.

This little bag is so very cute! My girls are going to be rather jealous.

I did forget to weave in and trim the tail from the cast-on... would it be safe to cut it off now that it's felted, or should I just leave it be in the bottom of the bag?

1 Comments:

Blogger Toni said...

It is dainty! I left the tail on mine too and just snipped it after felting.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home