Post-Christmas post

(Saturday, January 01, 2005 @ 7:41 PM)

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Besides the Christmas rush to do things, we got a semi-surprise visit from my parents right after Christmas (they booked the flight Christmas eve for the day after Christmas... and the only reason they didn't show up on my doorstep for a complete surprise is because they were supposed to bring the Christmas gift my Grandma had made for me, and she told me that's why she hadn't sent it).

Well, my Christmas gift catalog went over rather well, I do believe. I only had one person who wanted a store-bought gift instead of a hand-made one. I will get to make two Sophie's, a crocheted scarf, one modified Booga (my mom wants it big enough to be able to put a notebook or binder in), and a Feather & Fan scarf. And, my mom wanted to make a Feather & Fan scarf herself, so she bought some really pretty yarn (I think it was Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino in Country Garden, but I can't promise) that will go so beautifully with her black pea coat.

The only problem with the gift catalog idea is that, while most people are so excited to be done with their Christmas knitting so they can work on something that they just WANT to do, I'm just getting started. Luckily, the bags at least are really easy knits, so they will be done fairly quickly, or can be done as travel and TV knitting while I have something else a little more involved going as well.

Oh, and I also have a knitted project I want to do for my dad for his birthday on the 13th. I ordered the yarn from Elann a couple of days ago, but I can't get started until it arrives. I hope I can get that done, as it's something I haven't worked on before, so I don't know how difficult it will be for me. So, there's a lot on my plate still to do.

I did, however, get something to do just for me. While I was at the LYS with my mom, I noticed some yarn (Cascade 220 Quattro in color 9440) I've been fascinated with every since I first saw it. I'd only seen it online before, though, so I was thrilled to find it. I thought it would be perfect for a Sophie for me (I had to try out the pattern, first, now didn't I? Especially since I have to wait for the yarn for the other two to come from Elann). So far, I'm already done with the entire bag body and I've started working the handle cords. I love the way it knits up. The fabric is nice and even, and there is some fun micro-flashing of the colors, which is completely irregular because it's not dependent on color repeat, but instead on which side of the yarn shows on each stitch. I can't wait to felt it... I hear the Quattro becomes really heathered looking. Oh, and it is definitely less scratchy than the Peruvian Highland Wool from Elann, so it's been nice to knit with.

So, I should have an FO to show you fairly soon, and I'll tell you later about the knitterly things I was given for Christmas :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I really like the idea of a gift catalog. It is so important to know that you are making something that the receiver will love. I might have to use this idea myself for next Christmas!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am doing research for e-books on original gift ideas. That is how I ran into your blog Post-Christmas post. Do you have any brilliant suggestion for a Christmas gift for a kid by any chance? I already have several books done and posted at http://www.100mostoriginalgiftideas.com but I am looking to upgrade some of the ideas for Christmas gifts. Thanks.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am doing research for e-books on original gift ideas. That is how I ran into your blog Post-Christmas post. Do you have any brilliant suggestion for a Christmas gift for a girlfriend by any chance? I already have several books done and posted at http://www.100mostoriginalgiftideas.com but I am looking to upgrade some of the ideas for Christmas gifts. Thanks.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Leisel,

I am a writer and I research gift ideas for e-books on original gift ideas for Christmas and other events like Valentine's, Easter etc. I also organize gift ideas per receiver, like for babies, for kids, for teens, for grandparents, for dog lovers, for him, for her, etc Or I organize them by category like romantic gifts and inexpensive gifts. In my research I also go through blogs that mention gifts and gift ideas or events like Christmas. That is how I came upon your blog Post-Christmas post. I would appreciate if you would share just one successful gift idea with me, for instance a Christmas gift for a kid. I hope that my question doesn't annoy you. And I apologize if it does. I thought if I'd just ask enough people I'd wind up with plenty of good ideas to share with others again. That is what networking is all about, right? Or let's call it the spirit of Christmas. Let me know if I can do something for you. You can find my free e-books with gift ideas here: http://www.100mostoriginalgiftideas.com. God bless.

Chevalier Blanc

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home