I love/hate elann

(Thursday, January 13, 2005 @ 11:33 PM)

I love them, because they have great prices... I hate that their great prices make it so easy to justify spending too much!

I got a package from them last week... here's my goodies:

Posted by Hello

This blue Peruvian Highland Wool is to make a Sophie bag for my mother-in-law (it's not really shiny in real life... that was the flash).

Posted by Hello

And this green is for a Sophie for my sister-in-law (also not shiny).

Posted by Hello

This Filatura di Crosa 501 in charcoal heather is to make a sweater for my hubby... I want to do Na Craga from Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore. I hope that's not too ambitious. Here's a closeup of the yarn:

Posted by Hello

Posted by Hello

This is Filatura di Crosa 501 Tweed. I'm planning on using the blue for a pair of thrummed mittens for my dad, and the wine color for a scarf for me (I'm thinking this one).

Posted by Hello

And last, some sock yarn... cause I make so many socks. Well, I do want to try, and sock yarns tend to have some really pretty color patterns to them.

And buggars... they have some new great stuff up. I was waiting for all the things on the preview page to come up, so I could order them all at once (it was less than a week between all of them), but before the last one came up, a LOT of the other stuff had sold out. All the baby cashmere is gone. I wanted to use the solid colored sock yarn to make a kid-sized version of the Nasty Dog Dragon scarf in Scarf Style, but the charcoal of that sold out almost immediately, and some of the other colors I would've needed sold quickly, too (and, they didn't have any oranges). AND, they've got some new stock of the Peruvian Highland Wool. I'm thinking a fully ribbed version of the Ribby Cardi would look great in Coffee Bean Brown and Oxblood, but I'm not even close to finishing the first one, so how can I justify buying yarn for another one? *sigh*

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy yarns!

4:38 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Ack! Why, oh why, must everyone point out their amazing Elann acquisitions to tempt me? Must. Be. Strong. Must. Resist.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know what you mean....I love/hate them all.... elann.com, knitpicks.com, discountyarnsale.com. I've been struggling with placing a big ol order with any or all of there here recently...trying to hold back!

10:08 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

I know what you mean... I wanted to place an order for a pair of socks, and ended up with yarn for two pairs of socks, and a sweater! (They had more of the Peruvian Alpaca in stock, that I had been eyeing before...) Aparently I have no willpower. :(

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home