Update

(Thursday, January 06, 2005 @ 11:39 PM)

* Cross post from the Ribby Cardi Knitalong

I cast on for the back day before yesterday.

I cast on for the two front panels yesterday.

And today, I cast on for the sleeves.

Now I'm done.
























At least, I'm done casting on.

Here's where I'm at now:


All the parts are started.Posted by Hello

I finished up to where you change to the larger needles on all the parts. I figured it would be a good idea to do them as close as possible to the same time, so that my tension would be the same across all the pieces.

I'm not sure how much more I'll get done in the next week or two... my elann order came with most of the yarn I need to work on the things my family picked out of the Christmas gift catalog. So, I have obligatory knitting to do... two Sophies, a crocheted scarf, and a modified (greatly enlarged) Booga Bag. At least all of those are pretty easy, if time consuming. I still have to order the yarn for the feather and fan scarf my sister wants. hat one's going to take awhile, but I think I'll alternate with the Ribby Cardi once I get to that point.

And I want to make some thrummed mittens for my dad's birthday, which is a week from today (I'm not counting on getting them done on time, but I want to do as much as possible). Oh, and I've never done mittens before, let alone thrummed ones, and the thrummed mitten patterns I've found so far do not include instructions for a large men's size... nor do they say what exactly they mean by a medium men's... so I don't know whether my dad's hands would fit in the "medium" men's or not. Plus, the last attempt I made at knitting on dpns... well, no matter how hard I tried to make it so, the stitches between the needles were not as tight as they should've been. So, it should be interesting.

*sigh* I'd really rather just work on THIS project!

- Leisel

P.S. Can I overuse the word and or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home