A Doubly Knitterly Christmas

(Saturday, January 08, 2005 @ 8:17 PM)

Sorry it took me so long to post about this... I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately.

This Christmas, I thought I'd help everyone out by actually having an idea of things they could get me. I used Blogger to make up wish list's for myself and my kids (DH never did get around to telling anyone what he wanted... luckily, I had a few good ideas that were especially great, because he didn't have even an inkling about them). Mostly, it was a great idea. I say mostly, because there was one problem with it... no one else could update it, and no one wanted to ruin their surprise by telling me so I could update it, so everyone saw exactly the same list. (I don't know if it would have helped if I'd let them... my mom, bless her heart, is decidedly NOT computer oriented, and would have been more likely to delete everything than just change what she wanted to.)

So, I got what I most wanted... a set of Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needles from my parents... AND another one from my dear husband. Poor guy... he felt so bad. I didn't want him to... I thought it was kindof funny.

In our house, Santa usually brings books and a family gift (and fills stockings, of course). I ended up buying my own book from Santa. Of all the books I wanted, Scarf Style was the one I wanted most of all, so I got it for Santa to give to me. LOL... that was also something my parents had ordered (it still hasn't come... it, or one of the other books they chose, was on back-order... they should arrive this next week, though). I do know they also got me Knitting on the Road, but I can't remember if there was one more or not.

*sigh* I tried.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justy said...

I've got to agree with Bron, 2 sets of those needles isn't a hardship at all. I am contemplating a second set for myself but am able to hold off only because I also have a set of Boye Interchangebles :)

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home