Help, please

(Friday, October 22, 2004 @ 11:49 AM)

Well, I've been making some progress on my Crochet for the Cause scarf.


Cause scarf progress Posted by Hello

I ripped what I had back out, because it was narrower than the pattern said it should be, which means it would probably be way longer than I wanted. So, I took it out, and added another repeat of the pattern. Then, I worked on it pretty much all night. It's now about 22" long (it's supposed to end up about 50" long), but after the yarn had rested over night, it is still only about 5 1/2" to 5" wide, rather than the 7" it's supposed to be. I don't think it will grow too long, though. The yarn is disappearing faster than would seem to be right for it to end up 2 1/2 times as long as it is now. I may be wrong, though... this is the first time I've pulled the yarn from the center, so I may not be guaging it well.

Here's where I could use some help. When I join a chain to something on the previous row/round, especially if I'm joining to a chain space, I end up with a loosey goosey stitch. Can you see how open it is?


Loosey goosey joining Posted by Hello

I have tried everything I can think of to avoid this, and nothing I've done will make it a nice, tight, join. Is there anything I can do, or is this just the way it is and I should quit being such an obsessive perfectionist?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I knew what to tell you about that join... You had asked about the Boulder Knit out though and I can tell you about that. :D
I think there is a park at the intersection they mention as the location for the knit out. Jenifer has more info on her blog. She's at http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com/ and she posted about it back on the 14th. Hope to see you there!

-Michelle

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home