"Bearly" working

(Thursday, October 21, 2004 @ 1:51 AM)

I joined my first -along. I'm going to be doing a (how cute is that?).

I'll be working on a crocheted thread bear. It is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. It's also fully thread jointed, so you can move his arms and legs and turn his head. Here are a couple of pictures of what it should look like when I'm all finished:


The Cutest Little Thread Bear ever Posted by Hello

This little blue one was the first one the pattern's author made up to sell. It was made with tatting thread and stands just 1" tall. It sold for $174.


Cutest threadbear... another example. Posted by Hello

This pink one was made with #10 crochet thread and was just shy of 2" tall. It sold for $269. I've also seen it done up as a panda bear... too cute.

I bought the pattern from the author, and she specifically says you can make them to sell. Since she's rather famous in the thread bear world, I doubt I'd get the same kind of price for mine, but maybe this can help with the cost of my yarn addiction. :) And then again, maybe it'll just turn out that I have a cute little bear of my very own... who knows.

I started working on mine before we moved, but had to put her away to pack and such. I'm making up a rose colored one, and I plan on crocheting a little rose to attach to her when she's done. Here's my progress so far (I sure hope my sticky note didn't fall off the pattern... otherwise, I won't know where I'm at):


Bear beginnings Posted by Hello

(Anyone ever tried to take a picture of their own hand while balancing the camera and pushing the button with your NON-dominant hand, all while trying to get the focus right and not wiggle too much? It's sooooo hard! I'm shocked that I actually got a picture I could use out of the experience.)

3 Comments:

Blogger DAWN said...

Those bears are adorable!! wow, good for you for making them. They look to tedious for me. I've tried thread crochet and it's all I can do to crank out a doily without smacking someone. Ha. Thanks for your inspiration on my blog regarding the shoulder wrap. I really appreciate the link. That is bascially what I'm going for. I ended up creating a shoulder cape with a rose closer the first go around. I think I've got the hang of this particular pattern now, though. Love your blog! ~DAWN

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest bears I think I've ever seen! Good luck with yours. I can't wait to see the photos of the finished piece.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I love these. This is the first time I have seen anything like them? Does the person who sold you the pattern sell to others? If so, I would be really interesting. Not really to sell but to make for family and friends. They are so cute. My email address is jaanders@hewitt.com. Thanks so much.

Julie

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home