Froggin': Knitting progress, or lack thereof...

(Saturday, October 16, 2004 @ 12:37 PM)

I started working on my Optik scarf tonight. After a few rows, I noticed that I had managed to lose a stitch, and so I had to start pulling it back out. I really hate doing that with this yarn, because sometimes it tangles and I can't get it out more w/o damaging the yarn, and it makes it fuzzier all along the way. I must've lost the stitch (probably by knitting two stitches together) the last time I worked on the scarf, because I had to pull out more than I had actually done today.

I spent the rest of the night getting back to where I'd gotten before the frogging (or fairly close, anways).

The scarf is long enough to BARELY overlap when I wrap it around my neck. I'm not thinking it'll end up as long as I wanted it to be, and I'm pretty sure I won't have enough to do the fringe I was hoping for. Now I have to decide if I want to spend the money for another hank, or if I want to try to add a button... and if I go the button route, how do I guage where to put the button hole withouth having to go to the end and then rip it back out again.

I'd post a picture, but really, it's just a longer rectangle than it was before, so there's not much difference between what it is now and what it was before. I'll post a pic when I get to the end of these two skeins, and have a better idea of just how long it will end up being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home