Stash enhancement and progress made...

(Tuesday, October 19, 2004 @ 11:58 PM)

Stash enhancement

I got home today from going to a movie with the kids, and found a package on my doorstep :) Here's what I got:


Yarn Delivery Posted by Hello

There's 3 of each of these yarns. The chenille is for this scarf:


Beaded scarf Posted by Hello

It is the exact color (teal) the pattern says it uses, but it doesn't look anything like it. The picture from the magazine makes the scarf itself look more like navy blue. The picture above shows the bright teal, but it really doesn't even capture the brightness of it. This is one bold color! I may like how it turns out, but if not, I'm pretty sure I can think of at least one person that it would make a good gift for for Christmas.

The Incredible yarn is for this scarf. The color is Autumn Leaves. I fell in love with this scarf when I saw it, and the color is going to look great on me.

The Color Waves yarn is for this bag:


Color Splash Handbag Posted by Hello

Another thing that I just knew I had to make as soon as I saw it. I'm really not much of a bag person, so to fall in love with a handbag is a surprise for me. I have not been able to find the handles pictured here. I bought a couple of other options, we'll have to see if either of them work out, or if I have to go on a more extensive hunt for ones that will work with this pattern.

Progress

I spent some time this evening re-dying my Misti baby alpaca lace weight yarn. I hope the color turns out better this time. I was very careful... I put the side down that had the most misses from before, and I made sure that I spent the first little bit (actually, the whole time I could still see pink in the water) stirring the yarn around, so that all of it was exposed to the dye. I really wish I could tell if the color is more even than it was before. Until it dries, though, it all looks more grey and less pink than it will really end up being. If it didn't take, I'm just going to have to chalk it up to the way the yarn takes color, and hope it doesn't look too bad once I've crocheted it into the shawl.

I also worked on the Crochet for the Cause scarf (with my Crystalite hooks).


Start of the Cause scarf Posted by Hello

The pattern says the hook they give you is a size P, then says it's 10.0mm. My Crystalites set shows the P as being 11.5mm and the N as being 10.0mm, but even that looked bigger to me than the one in the kit (granted, I don't have it to do a side-by-side comparison). I ended up doing the foundation row with the N, and the rest of the pattern with the M (9.0mm).

Can I just tell you how frustrated the foundation chain makes me? The chains don't tend to stay even when you try to crochet into them, and being the perfectionist that I am, it just drives me bananas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the beaded scarf. Where did you find the pattern? Your bears are too cute!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Leisel said...

The pattern for the beaded scarf can be found in the current issue of Better Homes & Gardens Simply Creative Crochet.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home