Goodbye bamboo circulars.

(Wednesday, October 06, 2004 @ 11:50 PM)

I went back to Green Valley Weavers & Knitters. I'm happy to say they were willing to let me return the bamboo circular knitting needles. Of course, I was wanting to exchange them for the more-than-double-the-price Addi turbos, so, I'm guessing they didn't feel they were out anything.

While I was there I also picked up some of the softest yarn:


Woodlake Woolies yarn Posted by Hello

It's made out of angora, and it's just heavenly to feel. I was disappointed to see that they raised the price from $20 to $27. Luckily for me, they still had one hank in the color I liked marked at the old price (the lady who worked there pointed out to me that they didn't change the prices on the ones they already had, just put the higher price on the new stuff they got in). I want to make a scarf out of it. I'm thinking of making a keyhole scarf like this one. I might tinker around with the pattern a bit, though, because I'd like the keyhole to go the other way.

I'm also still drooling over Prism yarn's Cool Stuff. The store had 300 yard hanks for $84 the last time I came in... the price has gone up to $90 now, though. Either way, it's way too expensive, but I really love the variegated materials in it. It's so nice! I especially loved the Periwinkle colorway, and the web page above has more colors than were at the store... I love the Peacock; and the Pearl, Antique, Patina, Smoke, and Tumbleweed all look great, too. *sigh* I have way too expensive taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home