Wow! I'm knitting!

(Tuesday, October 12, 2004 @ 11:31 PM)


Optik scarf start Posted by Hello

I cast on for the Optik scarf tonight. I'm using 2 strands to even out the thick/thin parts of the material. It looks like I got about 6 inches done. That took me pretty much most of the evening... oh, say 3 hours. Since the yarn has one mostly thin strand and one thick and thin strand, it is a little hard to work with. But look at the amazing colors! (You can click on the picture for a larger version.) The only thing I don't like is that the gold sparkly bits aren't more evenly spaced out. I'm way too much of a perfectionist.

See my shiny new Addi turbo circulars? Even though I have to fight to keep the stitches from slipping off, I do so, SO much better working with metal than I had been able to with the bamboo. And, I hope that eventually, I'll be skilled enough that it won't take so much effort to keep the stitches behaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home